History of the Club
We started out 13 years ago for local runners around the Crystal Peaks area of Sheffield with Crystal Peaks Shopping Centre being our main sponsors.
We run on a Monday night and alternate Wednesday at 6:30pm prompt from different locations depending on the time of year. Each month our meeting point changes and we run on either road or trail depending on the light.
Meeting points include:
- Crystal Peaks Shopping Centre (Domino's Pizza by Electric car power point)
- Drakehouse Retail Park (by KFC)
- Elmwood Farm - (Back of Rother Valley)
- Mosborough - Ridgeway Arms car park
- Rother Valley Country Park (Grant and McAllin entrance)
Generally, we have three or four different groups running out, from beginners to seasoned runners. Our coach, Bridget, is here to plan runs that will prepare us for any running event we enter from Race for Life to the London Marathon.
Monday and alternate Wednesdays are our formal meeting nights but different groups do go out on different days, e.g. Thursday morning, Friday afternoon, Saturdays or Sundays. These are arranged by the runners themselves.